Downtown Kalamazoo Chili Cook-Off
- This event has passed.
Downtown Kalamazoo’s Annual Chili Cook-Off is a community event and is how we’ve stayed warm on a cold Saturday for the past 15 years. The Kalamazoo Downtown Partnership is thrilled to partner with downtown businesses to provide a safe and enjoyable outdoor experience
Visitors to Chili Cook-Off can expect 25+ different chilis to sample in an entirely outdoor event while DJ Chuck takes care of the entertainment scene on the S. Kalamazoo Mall. Also, back by popular demand, tasting spoons! Pick yours up for only $5 at any of the three information tents
Thank you to our sponsor, Discover Kalamazoo, for their support!
With more than 400 free 90-minute on-street parking spaces, paid parking garages and lots, Downtown Kalamazoo has a space for you. You’ll also find on-street metered spots throughout the downtown, which range from $1.75/hour to $3/day, and are free after 5 p.m. on weekdays and all day Saturday, Sunday, and holidays.
The safety of the community is very important to us, and the planning team has made a number of adjustments to the event with the input of the City of Kalamazoo and County Health Department. Outlined below are COVID precautions put in place for Chili Cook-Off:
- Chili Cook-Off has been moved from inside individual businesses to an entirely outdoor event and the Kalamazoo Mall has been closed to traffic to provide more space to socially distance.
- Attendees are expected to: wear masks when approaching and in front of tents and within 6 feet of others; follow the flow of traffic laid out at the event through signage.
- Opportunities for person-to-person contact have been limited as much as possible:
- Self-serve chili samples – no contact between server and taster
- Spoons are available for purchase online only – you can pre-register or scan the QR code the day of to purchase.
- Disposable spoons will not be offered
- Hand Sanitizer will be available at check-in tents and all chili sample tents for the public to use.
If you are feeling sick or unwell, please stay home to prevent the spread of COVID-19.