Metro Toyota SkeleTour Downtown Kalamazoo returns in October with 60+ unique skeletons
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Tuesday, September 14, 2021
Contact: Meghan Behymer, Communications + Marketing Manager
email@example.com | 269-344-0795
Kalamazoo Downtown Partnership is thrilled to announce the return of the Downtown Kalamazoo’s third annual Metro Toyota SkeleTour this October. This autumn spectacular features 60+ one-of-a-kind, life-size skeletons that reflect local businesses and organizations unique to Kalamazoo.
Spanning along Michigan Avenue, the Kalamazoo Mall, Rose Street and Portage Street, skeletons will be displayed ready for people to snap their “skelfie” with, and a special display on the N. Kalamazoo Mall near the Radisson Plaza Hotel and cornstalks on light poles will truly transform downtown.
The Metro Toyota SkeleTour officially launches October 1 and continues with an entire month of silly, spooky, and outright fun:
- Move those joints exploring the 60+ one-of-a-kind skeletons displayed throughout downtown.
- Get your #Skelfie on and be entered to win $50 in Downtown Dollars weekly. Use #skelfiekzoo and tag @downtownkalamazoo on Instagram for a chance to win. The more selfies you submit, the more chances to win.
- Tip back those brews and boos with the SkeleTour Bar Crawl Passport, sponsored by Discover Kalamazoo, for another chance to win Downtown Dollars! This digital passport makes supporting local bars and restaurants easy, fun, and safe with skeleton-themed drink specials from downtown restaurants and bars. With the Central Commons Refreshment Area, it’s the perfect time to grab a spooky cocktail and stroll through SkeleTour skeletons.
Downtown will be in full fall spirit on October 9 with a spooktacular slate of events scheduled:
- Have a gourd time watching a Pumpkin Carving demonstration by John Angevine on the Kalamazoo Mall on Saturday, October 9 from 12 p.m. – 4 p.m.
- Keep your eyes peeled for special costumed characters on the Kalamazoo Mall from 12-3 p.m.
- Shake your bones to a live performance by The Skeletones on Saturday, October 9 from 5:30 – 8:30 p.m. on Bates Alley.
October 9 also marks the final Shop Second Saturday event of the year featuring two outdoor markets by Vintage in the Zoo on the North Kalamazoo Mall and great deals at many of downtown’s shops.
Metro Toyota SkeleTour would not be possible without the creativity of Begonia Brothers Landscape.
For more information on Metro Toyota SkeleTour Downtown Kalamazoo, visit https://bit.ly/3mZSnfl.
With more than 400 free 90-minute on-street parking spaces, paid parking garages and lots, Downtown Kalamazoo has a space for you. You’ll also find on-street metered spots throughout the downtown, which range from $1.75/hour to $3/day, and are free after 5 p.m. on weekdays and all day Saturday, Sunday, and holidays.
About Kalamazoo Downtown Partnership
Kalamazoo Downtown Partnership is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that works with the public and private sectors to preserve and enhance the economic health of the downtown area and, in turn, the entire Kalamazoo community across four impact areas: people, place, experience, and growth. In conjunction with its affiliate organizations, the Partnerships manages a full range of activities that include capital and mobility improvements, public space management, business development, and recruitment, and marketing and event planning – all with an eye toward establishing downtown Kalamazoo as an accessible, diverse, green, progressive and vibrant urban center.. For more information, visit downtownkalamazoo.org and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, or find more downtown news on our website.