Kalamazoo Downtown Partnership launches new website
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Tuesday, September 15, 2020
Contact: Meghan Behymer | Communications + Marketing Manager
email@example.com | 269-344-0795
The Kalamazoo Downtown Partnership is pleased to announce the launch of its new website, redesigned to capture the best attributes of the Downtown Kalamazoo community, with new functions and features offering simple and efficient access to downtown information and a user-friendly experience on all devices through downtownkalamazoo.org.
The new site offers curated content for every possible audience – those seeking a place to call home in downtown, looking to develop in downtown, planning a visit, seeking business resources, or simply looking for their next downtown experience.
“The development of this website is about telling our story as Downtown Kalamazoo, and the businesses, public spaces and activities that make our Downtown vibrant and unique,” said Kalamazoo Downtown Partnership COO Jennifer Kitson Jelenek. “Our team worked diligently with input from our leadership network to shape the functions and features of the website to meet the needs of diverse audiences – and we’re thrilled to see those features come to life.”
New features include:
- Ginkgo, the website includes brand new interactive maps tailored to specific audiences:
- Downtown Businesses Map: For any visitor looking to dine, shop or get your hair done downtown, you can find what you’re looking for on this map. Visiting Kalamazoo and want to stay downtown? We’ve got you covered with downtown accommodations.
- Residential Buildings: For the urban dweller who values walkable communities and wants to live amidst the activity, this map is for you. See a series of residential rental options with downtown just outside your door.
- Available Properties: For the business owner or entrepreneur looking to get your start in the downtown market. Find available commercial spaces for rent here. And for the property manager, developer, landlord, looking to fill your vacant space, list your space with us by submitting the listing through our new commercial real estate form.
- Development Activity: Downtown Kalamazoo has seen significant investment in development projects over the last five years. This map highlights ongoing and recently completed development projects downtown. For the resident curious to get more information about cranes across downtown’s skyline, for developers and prospective downtown tenants wanting information about investment downtown, this is your spot.
- Extensive buildout of resources for entrepreneurs, downtown businesses, developers and property managers, as well as local data and research information. The page numerous community organizations working to provide key services to businesses across the City and region, including downtown, and highlights our economic partners who all contribute to making Downtown more vibrant.
- The addition of a member portal for downtown business owners to be able to edit and update their business listing on our website, connect with one another, and to share events with the community. This information is directly connected to the interactive maps featured throughout the website.
- Robust user-friendly events calendar that will feature both Kalamazoo Downtown Partnership events and events coordinated by community partners and downtown businesses. Businesses and community partners can now submit events through a form on the website to be listed on the calendar.
- Added transparency and accessibility through our about us page, mapping out how the Kalamazoo Downtown Partnership is organized, who contributes to downtown planning and decisions, and how to get involved with downtown. This section also includes board documents, public notices and annual reports.
- A featured business section on the homepage with a rotating highlight of downtown businesses.
- Dedicated news section that highlights news about downtown, organization press releases and the Partnership’s bi-monthly newsletter.
- Pages targeted at prospective and current downtown residents, users looking for information about transportation and parking, and those coming from out of town for a visit.
“The launch of this website and the resources it includes speaks directly to our mission and values as an organization to continue making downtown a cultural center that is for everyone, regardless of background,” Kalamazoo Downtown Partnership President Andrew Haan said. “We are thrilled to share a website that reflects who we are and where we are going as a downtown.”
An effort that started in 2019, the Kalamazoo Downtown Partnership partnered with local technology and design company Maestro to reimagine the organization’s online presence and create a comprehensive resource that best meets the needs of downtown’s diverse audiences. Website photography features the familiar faces of Kalamazoo Downtown Partnership Board and Coalition members. A special thanks to all who volunteered their time to participate.
About Kalamazoo Downtown Partnership
Kalamazoo Downtown Partnership is a non-profit organization that works with both the public and private sectors in preserving and enhancing the economic health of Kalamazoo’s downtown area and, in turn, the Kalamazoo community. In conjunction with its affiliate organizations, it manages a full range of activities that include capital improvement projects, business development and recruitment programs, image marketing and event planning in order to establish Downtown Kalamazoo as an accessible, diverse, green, progressive and vibrant urban center. For more information, visit downtownkalamazoo.org, and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.