Santa Sightings – Downtown Kalamazoo
Santa Sightings, presented by the Radisson Plaza Hotel, is a magical place filled with holiday spirit, twinkling lights, and a Jolly old soul!
Things look a little different this year due to the pandemic, but Downtown is committed to providing a safe space to make those holiday memories with your family. Here’s what you need to know:
- Santa has moved to a new location OUTDOORS on the patio of Old Burdick’s Bar and Grill (connected to the Radisson Plaza Hotel at 100 East Michigan Avenue)
- Santa sightings are safe – stop by anytime during scheduled hours to wave to Santa and Mrs. Claus, share your wish list and even walk away with a goodie bag just for you!
- Santa’s coming to town December 5 – December 24. Santa Sightings are scheduled 4-7 p.m. Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays, and 12-3 p.m. Sundays through December 20. Special Hours are on December 24 from 12-3 p.m.
- Santa Sightings with Black Santa are back Sundays in December from 12-3 p.m. and December 21-23 from 4-7 p.m.
- Yes, you can take a picture with Santa – stand in front of the patio and capture a selfie or a family photo (social distance style; no pictures on Santa’s lap this year)
- Kids who visit will get a Santa Letter writing kit to take home. The kit includes all materials needed to send a letter to Santa, a holiday craft, wrapped goodies, and more. There will be several Santa mailboxes, sponsored by Consumer Energy, placed throughout downtown for families to send their letters to Santa.